Hey guys, welcome back to [Word For Today]!
Today we are gonna learn the word scent.
1. [n.] the pleasant smell sth has
The air was filled with the scent of wild flowers.
2. [n.] the smell a person or animal leaves behind
The dog is on the scent of the criminal.
3. [n.] a liquid with a pleasant smell that you wear on your skin
She dabbed some scent on her neck.
4. [n.] the feeling that sth is present or is going to happen very soon
The scent of victory was in the air.
5. [v.] to find sth by using the sense of smell
The dog scented a rabbit.
6. [v.] to begin to feel that sth exists or is about to happen
The press could scent a scandal.
7. [v.] to give sth a particular, pleasant smell
Roses scented the night air.
So that’s for today’s word “scent”. Try to make as many sentences as possible and share it with everybody in our comments below. See you next time!