[Grammar] Can We Say “I’m Liking It”?

👉Hi~ Welcome back to [Grammar] today! It’s nice to learn with you guys!👈

All verbs in English are classified as either stative or action verbs (also referred to as ‘dynamic verbs’). Action verbs describe actions we take (things we do) or things that happen. Stative verbs refer to the way things ‘are’ – their appearance, state of being, smell, etc. The most important difference between stative and action verbs is that action verbs can be used in continuous tenses and stative verbs cannot be used in continuous tenses.

giphy

😍Let’s get started~

1.  Action Verbs

• study, work, have…

✔️ She’s studying math with Tom at the moment.
✔️ She studies math with Tom every Friday.
✔️ They’ve been working since seven o’clock this morning.
✔️ They worked for two hours yesterday afternoon.

2. Stative Verbs

• be, hate, like, love, need, belong, believe, cost, get, impress…

The flowers smell lovely.
 Those flowers are smelling lovely.
She heard him speak in Seattle yesterday afternoon.
 She was hearing him speak in Seattle yesterday afternoon.

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

3. More Stative Verbs Examples

• Verbs Showing Thought or Opinions

Know – She knows the answer to the question.
Believe – Do you believe what he says every time?
Understand – I understand the situation very well.
Recognize – She recognizes him from high school.

• Verbs Showing Emotion

Love – I love listening to classical music.
Hate – She hates to get up early every day.
Want – I want some help with my homework.
Need – I need some time with my friends.

PRACTICE

Results

#1. It ( ) bad in here. Did you fart?

#2. She ( ) an incredible talent for talking.

finish

END

Leave a comment to tell us why you choose these answers.

And don’t forget to follow us on social media 🙂 See you!

.png

• Your app is very effective for me it really works.
    At last,I would like to thank you for creating such a wonderful app and giving your precious time.
    Thanks a lot

• Thank you for giving us a wonderful aap. So that everyone can improve there English very well. Due to this we can able to speak in English . this aap was encourage us that we can also speak in English. Without any hesitation. Thank u so much once again

• It is incredible and fabulous English learning app and dictionary.

• I assure that, this app will definitely helpful for those who wants to learn English language.

• Those sentences are in first person singular and therefore it’s necessary to maintain the tense.

• it is a fabulous app which helps many of the people in improving English language .

• Such a wonderful app ..it helps me a lot to improve my english vocabulary….

• I’m very impressed of this app.. seriously this aap improve our knowledge..and also vocab.

• first question showing opinion & 2nd one is showing emotion

• Thank You For This Lesson.
    It Really Helps Us A Lot.

• Informative, easily capturable because way of teaching is simple.

• This amazing app will help millions to learn English with ease. Really appreciating 👌

• the first one is smells because smell is not an action verb and describe something and stative verbs takes s when they come with these subjects (he, she, it)

• It’s lovely, I like it
    It really encourage me to learn English

• It is really a valuable knowledge and wonderful class teaching

• Your app is very effective for me it really works.
    Thanks a lot

• I found this app very useful and many days ago I downloaded this app but I had not use it. I thought this app is simple but now I am fond of it beacause I know how it works.
    Thank you gor this amazing app.

• i chose those words because they are stative verb … present simple tense.
    this app is very useful . my mother tongue is Arabic so i always try to improve my English ..i uploaded many apps. i get little help from them .. and finally i found this app ..i uploaded it and found it different form others.
    thank you for give me chance to improve my English😍

• I benefites a lot from this app 🌈
    And it helps me too much so I like it ❤
    It’s really very useful💛💞🥳

• I choose these answer for in a sentence if a subject like he/she/it you have to add S in the verb. And i am so aproud for you because i get the new materials thorough this application.

• This app is really helpful to me and many more people who wanted to speak in English and learn English language.
    At this time, talking in English is most important part for all for being a perfect guy and a great personality.
    Thanks you for giving us this type of Wonderful app..it’s really helpful to all.

• The reason of choosing that answer.
    First question I choose B due to word “it” that we can say as third person or thing, which is not talk about me or you so we have to put “s” in a verb after subject. And then for the second question has similar explaination, which the subject as the Third person and the verb after subject must put “s” in there. Thank you.