Hey guys, welcome back to [Word For Today]!
Today we are gonna learn the word trail.
Translations of trail in different languages:
1. [n.] a long line or a series of marks that have been left by someone or something
The bus left a trail of black smoke behind it.
The typhoon left a trail of devastation.
2. [n.] a tough path across countryside or through a forest
The trail led over Boulder Pass before desccending to a lake.
3. [n.] a series of unpleasant situations or feelings that have been left by someone or something
He left a trail of broken hearts and broken promises.
4. [v.] to walk slowly, especially behind other people because you are tired or bored
Susie trailed along behind her parents.
We spent the afternoon trailing around the shops.
5. [v.] to follow someone by looking for signs that they have gone in a particular direction
Police trailed the gang for several days.
Practice: make a sentence with this word and leave your comments below.
So much for today’s new word.
See you next time!