Glad to see you again~
Today we are going to learn “subtle”.
Translations of “subtle” in different languages:
How to use it?
1. not very noticeable or obvious.
- There are subtle differences between the two versions.
- She’s been dropping subtle hints about what she’d like as a present.
- subtle colors/flavors/smells
2. behaving in a clever way, and using indirect methods, in order to achieve something.
- I decided to try a more subtle approach.
- At this point, however, they’re trying to kill the public option in more subtle ways.
3. organized in a clever way.
- This subtle plan is the key to success.
- The subtle use of lighting in the opera plays an important role.
4. good at noticing and understanding things.
- The job required a subtle mind.
- It seems that nothing can cheat his subtle mind.
Practice: make a sentence with this word and leave your comments below.
So much for today`s new word.
See you next time! 😎