Hey guys! Welcome to [Word For Today]! Today`s word is “defy”.
Translations of defy in different languages:
How to use it?
1. to refuse to obey or show respect for someone in authority, a law, a rule, etc.
- I wouldn’t have dared to defy my teachers.
- Hundreds of people today defied the ban on political gatherings.
2. to be impossible or almost impossible to believe, explain, describe, etc.
- a political move that defies explanation
- The beauty of the scene defies description.
3. to successfully resist somebody or something to a very unusual degree
- The baby boy defied all the odds and survived.
Practice: make a sentence with this word and leave your comments below.
So much for today`s new word. See you next time!