Hey guys! Welcome to Phrases. Today we are going to learn 5 idioms to express your anger. Let`s start!
1. to lose your cool
If you lose your cool, you become visibly angry or lose your composure.
- As a parent, it`s important to never lose your cool in front of your kids.
- The suspect lost his cool during the interrogation.
2. to make your blood boil
If something makes your blood boil, it causes you to feel anger.
- Noisy, inconsiderate neighbors really make my blood boil.
- Seeing people litter in this beautiful park makes my blood boil.
3. bent out of shape
If you are bent out of shape, you are upset, angry, insulted, or annoyed.
- I accidentally spilled coffee on Tim’s carpet, and he got bent out of shape about it.
- Our coach is bent out of shape because we lost by so many points.
4. up in arms
If you are up in arms about something, you are outraged and very angry about something.
- The company`s database was hacked, and customers are up in arms about the security breach.
- He made an insensitive remark on his radio show, and now his listeners are up in arms.
5. to see red
If you are seeing red, you are furious.
- These tax increases have taxpayers seeing red.
- The dress I ordered online looked nothing like the picture. I was seeing red after I opened the package.
Practice: make sentences with the idioms above.
That`s all for today`s phrases.
Don`t forget to leave your comments below. See you next time!