Hey guys! Welcome to [Word For Today]! Today`s word is “cling”.
Translations of cling in different languages:
How is it used?
1. to hold on tightly to sb/sth.
- He wailed and clung to his mother.
- She had to cling onto the door handle until the pain passed.
- They clung together, shivering with cold.
2. to stick to sth.
- The wet shirt clung to his chest.
- The smell of smoke still clung to her clothes.
3. to stay close to sb, especially because you need them emotionally.
- After her mother’s death, Sara clung to her aunt more than ever.
- Some children tend to cling on their first day at school.
Practice: make a sentence with this word and leave your comments below.
So much for today`s new word. See you next time!