Hey guys! Glad to see you again! Welcome to [Word For Today]!
Today we are going to learn a new word: crush.
Translations of fragile in different languages:
How is it used?
1. to press or squeeze sth so hard that it is damaged or injured, or loses its shape
- The car was completely crushed under the truck.
- They crush the olives with a heavy wooden press.
- Several people were crushed to death in the accident.
2. to push or press sb/sth into a small space
- Over twenty prisoners were crushed into a small dark cell.
3. to break sth into small pieces or into a powder by pressing hard
- Add two cloves of crushed garlic.
4. to use violent methods to defeat people who are opposing you
- The army was sent in to crush the rebellion.
- The military operation was the first step in a plan to crush the uprising
5. to destroy sb’s confidence or happiness
- She felt completely crushed by the teacher’s criticism.
Practice: make a sentence with this word and leave your comments below.
So much for today`s new word. See you next time!