Hey, everyone! Welcome to [Phrase], a column making you a native English speaker!
Before today’s learning, I wanna know how do you express your happiness in English?
Someone may say, “I am very happy/glad to…”, or “I am so happy that…”, etc.
Today, I am gonna share 6 native idioms to express happy with you guys. Here we go!
1. On cloud nine: Extremely happy when something wonderful happens.
She’s been on cloud nine since she found out she is pregnant.
2. Like a dog with two tails: To look and be very happy
Was he pleased? He was like a dog with two tails.
3. In seventh heaven: Bliss; to be so happy it feels like you are in heaven
I was in seventh heavenwhen I landed my dream job.
4. Over the moon: ecstatically happy about something
She bought a new house, so she is over the moon now.
5. On top of the world: You are on top of the world when you feel wonderful
I’ve been feeling on top of the world since I started doing yoga every morning.
6. Walk on air: to feel extremely excited or happy
After the delivery of her baby, she was walking on air.
That’s all for [Phrase] today!
Hope you remember these expressions.
Please make a sentence with one of the expressions above and tell me what you wanna learn most from the column in the comments down below！
Have a nice day!