Hey guys! glad to see you again! Welcome to [Word For Today]!
Have you ever met the situation when your new clothes become smaller after washing? Which word can you use to describe it? Today we are going to learn a new word: shrink.
Word for today:
Translations of shrink in different languages:
How is shrink used?
1. [v.] to become smaller, especially when washed in water that is too hot.
- I`m worried about washing that sweater in case it shrinks.
2. [v.] to become or to make sth smaller in size or amount.
- The market for their products is shrinking.
- The city continued to shrink.
3. [v.] to move back and away from something, especially because you are frightened.
- She listened, shrinking under the blankets, to their shouts.
- His anger was enough to make the others shrink away from him.
Practice: make a sentence with this word and leave your comments below.
So much for today`s new word. See you next time!