Hi all! Nice to see you again.
Today, we’ll learn the new word ‘block’.
Word For Today:
Translations of block in different languages:
How is block used?
(1) n. the distance along a street from where one road crosses it to the place where the next road crosses it
- The museum is just six blocks away.
- My friend and I live on the same block.
(2) n. a solid piece of something (usually having flat rectangular sides)
- The pyramids were built with large stone blocks.
- A block of wood/ice.
(3) n. a group of things bought, dealt with, or considered together
- A block of tickets.
- Corporate hospitality firms make block bookings at big sporting events.
(4) v. to prevent movement through something, to hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of
- A fallen tree is blocking the road.
- As she left the court, an angry crowd tried to block her way.
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of ‘block’.
1. My view was _______ by a tall man in front of me.
2. You are _______ the name of your first wife!
Can you use it to make a sentence?
Leave your comments below and I will see you next time~