Hi all! Nice to see you again.
Today, we’ll learn the new word ‘defer’.
Word For Today:
Translations of defer in different languages:
How is defer used?
(1) v. to delay something until a later time, to postpone
- My bank has agreed to defer the repayments on my loan.
- Can I defer the application fee?
(2) v. give in, submit or yield to another’s wish or opinion
- They all defer to him in these matters.
- The employees defer to their boss at work.
Can you use this word to make sentences?
Feel free to leave your comments below and I will see you next time~