Hey guys! Still remember the meaning of “stranded“? If not, click and review!
Take a look at this news and find out the word for today!
Mysterious metal plate turns up inside 60-year-old crocodile
The owners of a crocodile farm in Queensland, Australia remain puzzled after finding a metal bone plate and six screws in the stomach of one of their saltwater crocodiles.
he 15.4 foot crocodile, called M.J., died recently at approximately 60 years old and the farm found the plate as they performed an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
“Imagine our surprise when we opened up the gut on this large croc and found what looks to be an orthopaedic plate!” wrote Koorana Crocodile Farm in a Facebook post yesterday.
It could have belonged to a person or an animal, the owner and general manager of the farm, John Lever, said in an interview with Win News Central Queensland. The owners have contacted local police to help them solve the mystery.
Word For Today:
Translations of mysterious in different languages:
How is mysterious used?
- Strange, not known, or not understood
He died in mysterious circumstances, and there is still a possibility that it was murder.
- The noun form: mystery
1. Something strange or unknown which has not yet been explained or understood
Despite years of study, sleepwalking remains a mystery.
The details of the scandal are shrouded in mystery.
2. A mystery is also a book, movie, or play about a crime or other event that is difficult to explain
A murder mystery
3. idioms: a mystery to me = something I do not understand
It’s a mystery to me why she married him!
Fill in the blanks with the right forms of “mysterious”.
1. Science recognizes two great scientific __________ remaining to be solved.
2. These ___________ creatures live at the bottom of the ocean.
Looking forward to your comments!