Hey guys! Welcome to the program [Word For Today]!
Now, let’s look at the news headline and find the new word we are going to learn today!
Did Katy Perry plagiarize for ‘Dark Horse’? Hear for yourself
Is Katy Perry a music thief?
That’s the question at the center of rapper Flame’s court case against Perry and her “Dark Horse” collaborators — rapper Juicy J, songwriter Sarah Hudson and producers Dr. Luke and Max Martin.
Word For Today:
Translations of plagiarize in different languages:
How is Plagiarize used?
[v]. to copy another person’s ideas, words or work and pretend that they are your own
- He was accused of plagiarizing his colleague’s results.
- On no account are students allowed to plagiarize in essay writing
By the way, “crib” means the same as plagiarize when it serves as a verb. But crib, different from plagiarize, is used in an relatively informal situation.
Practice: fill in the blanks with correct form of Plagiarize and its nouns
1. The journal accused the professor of ________.
2. I’m not suggesting that you _______ your competitors‘ marketing copy, but when you see someone successful in your field, find out what they are doing right, and follow their lead.
3. Lily refused _________ her colleague’s work.
It’s quite easy to remember this word, right? Leave your answers down below and see you next time!