Hey guys! our episode is always punctual! Let’s check the answers to “punctual”:
1. puntuality 2. punctual 3.punctually
Take a look at this news and find out the word for today!
FaceApp goes viral with old-age filter, but spurs privacy concerns with Russian roots
The popular free mobile app that instantly alters the appearance of a persons face — adding wrinkles, sun damage and grey hair — has blown up on social media, shared by hundreds including a long list of celebrities.
But while social media feeds fill up with the instantly aged pictures, new security concerns have risen for the recently top trending free mobile app — especially in the wake of recent social media scandals, where other platforms have been taken to task for giving away users’ private information.
Word For Today:
Translations of spur in different languages:
How is spur used?
- to encourage an activity or development or make it happen faster
Rising consumer sales have the effect of spurring the economy to faster growth.
Spurred by her early success, she went on to write four more novels.
- to push spurs into the side of a horse to make it go faster
He spurred his horse on and shouted “Faster! Faster!”
Spur used as a noun:
- a sharp, wheel-shaped metal object that is attached to the heel of boots worn by people riding horses and is used to encourage the horse to go faster
- something that acts as an encouragement for an activity or development
The manager said that the team’s win on Saturday would be a spur to greater effort.
Make a sentence with “spur”.
Looking forward to your creative sentences!