Have you been to a movie premiere?
Frankly speaking, I do long for it when the movie, Avengers: Endgame released!
Well, let’s get down to the learning.
Today, we are going to learn a new word——”Premiere”.
Before the learning, let’s read the news headline!
SEE IT: Beyoncé and JAY-Z meet Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at ‘The Lion King’ premiere in London
Word For Today:
Translations of premiere in different languages:
Let’s have a look at how Premiere is used!
1. [N]. the first public performance of a film/movie or play
- The movie will have its premiere in July.
2. [V]. to perform a play or piece of music or show a film/movie to an audience for the first time; to be performed or shown to an audience for the first time
- The play was premiered at the Birmingham Rep in 1999.
- His new movie premieres in New York this week.
Distinguish the meanings of the following words:
premier, premiere, primary, primeval.
Leave your answers down below and have a nice day!