Hey, guys! Today, we are going to learn a new word——Attend.
let’s read the brief news before learning.
Stars attend Amazon’s 2019 Prime Day Concert
Taylor Swift, SZA and Becky G brought the house down at the Hammersmith Ballroom in New York on July 10, 2019 for the 2019 Amazon Prime Day concert. Dua Lipa, Gigi Hadid and Tyler Oakley were also among the famous faces in the crowd for the show.
Word For Today:
Translations of attend in different languages:
How is attend used?
1. [VN] to be present at an event
- to attend a wedding/funeral.
2. [V] to be present at an event
- We’d like as many people as possible to attend.
3. [VN] to go regularly to a place
- Our children attend the same school.
4. [V] to pay attention to what sb is saying or to what you are doing
- She hadn’t been attending during the lesson.
5. [VN] to happen at the same time as sth
- She dislikes the loss of privacy that attends TV celebrity.
6. [VN] to be with sb and help them
- The President was attended by several members of his staff.
It is quite easy, right? Try to make sentences with “attend” in the comments.