Let’s read a piece of news.
Disney releases first teaser trailer for live-action “Mulan” remake.
Disney released the first teaser trailer for the live-action remake of its 1998 animated film “Mulan.” The teaser debuted during the halftime break of the U.S.-Netherlands FIFA Women’s World Cup soccer game Sunday.
Directed by Niki Caro, the first look of the film is action-packed and features memorable moments from the animated film.
Word For Today:
Translations of release in different languages:
How is release used?
to give freedom or free movement to someone or something.
He was released from prison after serving two years of a five-year sentence.
She was arrested for shoplifting but was released on bail (= after paying a sum of money to the court).
to move a device from a fixed position to allow it to move freely
- He released the handbrake and the car jumped forwards.
to fire a bomb or a missile (= flying weapon), or to allow it to fall
- The plane released its bombs at 10,000 feet.
to allow a substance to flow out from somewhere
- Coal power stations release sulphur dioxide into the atmosphere.
- Hormones are released from glands into the bloodstream.
to express a feeling that you have been trying not to show
- He punched the pillow in an effort to release his anger.
an occasion when someone is allowed to leave prison, etc.
- Her early release from prison led to a demonstration.
the act of flowing out from somewhere
- The accident caused the release of radioactivity into the atmosphere.
a feeling that you are free from something unpleasant
- I noticed a release of tension when he left the room.
- After years of suffering, his death came as a merciful release.
Make a sentence with “release”.
Please leave your comments.
Practice makes perfect.
See you next week.