Hi all! Hope you are well! Let’s check the answer to the last episode:
1. abuse 2. abused 3. abusive
Today the new word is “pledge”. Let’s look at the news first.
Boeing pledges $100M support
The US aerospace company Boeing has pledged 100 million dollars to help families and communities affected by two deadly plane crashes. Boeing said the investment would be made over the next few years to provide education, relief and living costs to families affected by the two crashes.
Word for today:
Translations of pledge in different languages:
How is Pledge used?
(1) v. give as a guarantee
- I pledge my honor.
(2) v. promise solemnly and formally
- I pledge that will honor my wife.
(3) v. pay as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals
- I pledged $10 a month to my favorite radio station.
(4) n. a solemn promise or undertaking
- The conference ended with a joint pledge to limit pollution.
Make a sentence with “pledge”.
Leave your comments below and hope you have a nice day~