Do you still remember the word we learned yesterday?
How to spell it?
Yep, you are right.
Now let’ s another new word.
Disney casts singer Halle Bailey as Ariel in live-action “Little Mermaid”.
Halle Bailey is ready to become a part of your world. The singer has just been cast as Ariel in Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of “The Little Mermaid,” Walt Disney Studios announced Wednesday.
Word For Today:
Translations of cast in different languages:
How is cast used?
(1) v. to choose actors to play particular parts in a play, film, or show.
He was often cast as the villain.
In her latest movie she was cast against type (= played a different character than the one she usually played might be expected to play).
(2) v. to send light or shadow (= an area of darkness) in a particular direction
The moon cast a white light into the room.
The tree cast a shadow over/on his face.
(3) v. to throw something
- The knight cast the sword far out into the lake.
(4) n. the actors in a film, play, or show
- After the final performance, the director threw a party for the cast.
- Part of the movie’s success lies in the strength of the supporting cast (= the actors who were not playing the main parts).
Make a sentence with “cast”.
Please leave your comments.
Practice makes perfect.
See you next week.