Everyone, let’s learn a new word today!
‘Korean Wave’ celebrity couple to split, fans mourn.
SEOUL (Reuters) – South Korean actors Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki are splitting up less than two years after their fairytale marriage, the couple said on Thursday, shocking fans across Asia.
Word For Today:
Translations of split in different languages:
How is split used?
（1）v. to (cause to) divide into two or more parts, especially along a particular line:
- The prize was split between Susan and Kate.
- Split the aubergines in half and cover with breadcrumbs.
- The teacher split the children (up) into three groups.
- informal I’ll split (= share) this croissant with you.
- His trousers split when he tried to jump the fence.
- The woman had split her head open when she was thrown off the horse.
（2）v. to form cracks:
- The wooden floor had cracked and split in the heat.
（3）v. If the people in an organization or group split, or if something splits them, they disagreed and form smaller groups:
- The childcare issue has split the employers’ group.
Make a sentence with “split”.
Hope to read your sentences.
keep on learning new words.