Do you stay on top of all the latest news?
What about this one?
Trump leaves China tariff deadline open, calls relationship ‘testy’
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump declined to set a deadline on Wednesday for levying tariffs on another $325 billion of Chinese goods and called the relationship with Beijing good but “testy” after China walked back commitments for a trade deal.
Word For Today:
Translations of tariff in different languages:
How is Tariff used?
[n.][C] a tax on goods coming into or going out of a country
(1)a tariff on sth ：
- The tariff on optical cables is 8.4%.
- The US has imposed new tariffs on chocolate from Brazil.
- An agreement was reached to eliminate tariffs on information technology products.
- High tariffs on furniture imports are still imposed by some developing countries to protect local carpenters.
- The protectionist wall of high tariff barriers and import restrictions is being breached.
Please fill in all the blanks, and you can find the answers in tomorrow’s episode.
(1) Another is that competition, even if successful in reducing t will marginally affect the households bills.
(2) However, unlike technology improvements, optimal t will hurt the poor region.
(3) I was late this morning because of the t congestion.
Hope you guys can finish these exercises and leave your comments.
Tomorrow we are going to learn another new word.