Hi, guys, have you finished the exercises yesterday?
Here are the answers:
(1) tariffs (2) tariffs (3)traffic
- Attention: Tariff is a countable noun!
Let’s move on and learn today’s new word.
Vatican condemns gender theory as bid to destroy nature.
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – The Vatican condemned gender theory on Monday as part of a “confused concept of freedom”, saying in a new document that the idea of gender being determined by personal feeling rather than biology was an attempt to “annihilate nature”.
Word For Today:
Translations of Condemn in different languages:
How is Condemn used?
[v.] to criticize something or someone strongly, usually for moralreasons
(1) The movie was condemned for glorifying violence.
(2) Those who remember the past are not condemned to repeat it.
Phrasal verbs: condemn sb to (do) sth.
(1) She was condemned to death and executed two weeks later.
(2) They were condemned to spend the rest of their lives in prison.
Its noun form:condemnation
(1) [n.] the act of condemning something or someone.
(2) The shooting of the police officer has received universal condemnation.
(1) Please find out the synonyms of “condemn” and share with us.
Hope to read your comments~