[Mini Blog] Is Social Making Us More Anti-social?

Hey Guys! Glad to see you again. Before we start today’s mini blog, let’s review last episode’s topic:

What do you think is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?

It was really interesting to read your comments. Here are some funny ones:

Now let’s move on to today’s topic.

Living in the 21st century, where technology has become a universal safety blanket, social media has transformed the way we interact with people around the world. Mobiles have become more than just devices, it has become over lives. However, it is a very threatening situation that due to addiction to social media websites and apps, we are losing interactions in real lives with other people who are even closer to us.

We may have a million friends on Facebook or a thousand followers on Instagram, but can you remember when was the last time you had a conversation with your families or friends without checking your phone?

Here’s today’s topic:

Is social media making us more anti-social?

What’s your opinion?

Don’t hesitate to leave your idea in the comments and we will pick up some insightful ones.

See you next time.

• In my child hood i buy a Air gun & aim anything or anyone i m standing on top floor of my house and i aim on a person laying down in garden is my friends dad I don’t realise that his my friends dad I thought that he is his uncle and my friend Raju and I shot him and the pattel just hit him and my friend’s dad get very angry and came to my home and and I just escape under the bed so he can’t find me but he pick my school bag and went back to his home . The dumbest thing I have ever done in my life

• No, i don’t think that social media making us anti social..it connects us to all over the world . making imposdible things posible .. now its easy to connect and contact to whom i want to connect whoever celebraties ,old friends and new friends .once it was the hardest thing to search a person to whom one fell in love at first sight but now it is so easy to find that person. social media helps us to promote our business n ideas..if we discuss about the relation and being anti social with family n friends ,it’s all about your values and upbringing.. numerous families n their members connect wirh each other as they used to before arrival of social media.. and social media can’t build a wall between them .its all about your own priority ..

• i think, social media wasn’t made us being an anti social. because me personally far from hometown where my family living there, and so you know with social media i contacted them oftenly through vidcall or phonecall. you know it’s make it easy to see how they appeared the smile on their face whenever i called. maybe if we spent all day long with just scrolling up our handphone monitored we can’t actually don’t know what was happened outside? but if it related to our family, we can anticipated it.

• Social media is making us anti social, In 90’s or early 20’s kids used to have real friends and real games. They used to go out and have fun, play but now they spend much of the time on phones and laptop. Now days if there are 4 people sitting in a room even if they are friends or family they won’t talk to each other everyone is busy with their phones.

• I think so. Social media make us have a bad habbit ex wake up and check handphone or when meet up with close friend but doing chat or focus of handphone.
    Social media also allows people to race to get more like, follower and
    being glamorous or pretend to be happy and hide the truth about her life

• Nowadays mobile is not a device for emergency talking purpose, it becomes our lives. People feel if they are in the group they will be alone and busy with the mobile (on chatting or browsing or gaming… ) if they are alone they will feel in the group with the mobile(same thing). There is no conversation with our near and dear ones. Not spending time with their children, parents, relatives and in the occasions. This is a really bad thing about the mobiles. But there is a lot of beneficial things with mobiles we can get any time of information on the spot, learning things on our eyesight and fingertips. But we have to give preference to the people and time.

• Definitely I ‘m with this thought bcz my aunt has nourished me still she loves me more than her children nd i lso loved her but when I take an Android phone i thnk I don’t even go to their home nd i remain buzy with my mbl phone
    Sometimes I got sad but…….
    Mostly I remain buzy with social media so acc. to me it impacts on our social relationship
    Bcz when we remain buzy with social media then we don’t think about our relationship so it is a dangerous evil today

• I think social media not making anti-social.
    Because in social media, we can get a new friends.

• But new friends online. Even if we meet in the real world, it’s a different story if we find it in real life. For what, most of us focus on each other’s cell phones when they get together. I feel it was a cruel time

• Yes it is true but no one wants to interact face to face it happens many Times I also not interested live interaction to people

• I think that depends on how he’s coping with social theraphy by himself

• Yes , as per my prespective todays word is addicted to social Media as as to mobile. I want share my experience here that how I also got addicted to these social media ..Like facebook, instagram, whatsapp etc.
    Around 5 year ago I had using ordinary mobile phone where there no any applications available in it. I had used that phone only for do calls as well for receive calls or hardly to do one of massage.
    But since when I using smart phone with these social media application I am westing to much time on these unnecessarily . Yes I know this is my weakness that I m giving to much to these kind of applications but now it’s not in my control . Now my situation just like that I can live without food but can’t live without smart phone . I m completely addicticted .

I also want mention that thing yes there are also have advantages of social media . You can use of it for goods thing also like your knowledge improvement, socail work, to helping people s thru these. But yes it’s hard to do.

Now you have to choose that which part need pick.

That all my thoughts & experience about social media

• Let me tell you about my experience that can also help you. So I was a 16-year-old girl, and I started not using instagram when I was 14 years old. It was actually very difficult for me at the time that was also ‘addicted’. But saying my dad was good, so I started doing it bit by bit. From a few days, to a few weeks, then months. And that’s where I found the time I used to be more productive.

You can set up your initial warming step. So what I use now is wa, (because it’s important to communicate with the nearest people) and youtube alone. That was very productive for me. I used to compare my life to others because of social media, but not anymore. God help you! 🙂

• Yaa..somtimes social media make me becomes antisocial. Yes, is it. But, Just not me, but anyone else as it. I think on socialmedia many information we can get it and that is making others to be antisocial, we are only focul for their phone without care to others or else (environments). I am awareness about that so, I am try becone multitasking with focus social media and others. The world era right now have increased technology and we’re human have to have many startegy for processing its.

• Yeah i really feel that in my real social life like when i met my college friends after graduate, so we talked each other, asked how’s their life and etc. But there was a time that we’re not talk with other but focus on the phone.
    I dont know why bcoz sadly sometime i was like that, may be i dont know what the next topic to talk about, so i just scroll my phone, wait someone start a topic or talk to me. But they were doing same like me😊

And bcoz social media, i think, we were bcome rarely greeting, smiling each other, playing, doing something purely from our heart,, not for stories, not for ig content, not for fb status and etc

But social media actually can make increased our social link, relation, and new friends. But you have to know when you must using it, and when you dont

May be if we can balancing use social media we can get win2 solution.

• Sadly,, i know someone’s life better than my aunt, my uncle which they’re not active in soial media. :'(

• Yes its true that social media is main reason behind anti-social behaviour of people,

• Yes, it’s all in each of us. Everything has its limits. Everything has to be controlled.

• Is social media making us more anti-social?
    I think it’s depend on the personal who use the social media. The positive side of social media is we can make friend with people from a lot of places and backgrounds. But sometimes we are too much enjoying the social media then we forget to interact with people that really near us at that time. So, yeah we should know how and when we need to use or enjoy the social media.

• Social media has two sides. If it make us antisocial but on the other hand it keep us in contact with whole world. It just cut off contact with sitting one in front of us but make in contact with those that far from us

• There is an universal truth that EVERYTHING OF ACCESS IS BECOME AN ANTI TO IT …..the same is working here @@@@@

• Social media have brought negative and positive impact , honestly I feel positive much than the negative for example i could buy something without going to the store , etc. The negative is like we losing our social interaction same like when I gathered with my friends we called it gathering but obviously, it’s not a gathering coz everybody busy with their phone , their live in virtual. But it depends on divide individual, why? I’ve met many people who are not addicted with social media they use it properly not as a majority. So losing social interaction it’s relative and the positive is a fact for me.

• I say Yes. Social media makes us not talk to people as much in real life. Sure, we do meet others by using it, but some people are addicting and always staring at a screen. It also allows us to forget how to communicate with people out of texting, tweeting, or messaging. However, social media is like double-edges knife. It depends on that person. Prefer to have a good conversation in virtual or real life.

• I totally agree with your post. We massively indulging in social media and internet-based cadgets, I personally can’t imagine my life without mobile or tabs. Nonetheless, we lost our mutual physical interaction which may affect our verbal skills to talk infront of people, playing with kids, kidding with friends, and etc.
    I think the day will come soon that the world will specify a day without internet (NoInternet Day) to prompt physical interaction.

• Indeed! social media has made us addict. Due to which we are losing emotional connection with people who are very important in our lives ..
    “Social media is world of show off “

• Maybe, but for me, even though I really enjoying my time when I’m on the social media, I always put my phone down everytime I had a conversation with my family or my bestfriend, especially when we’re finally met after quite a long time, I really try to appreciate the time that we have to speak and catching up together.

• I think yes….social media can make us more be an individual in social circle.In this era when people hang out with her/his friends sometimes i see they more often spare their time with playing gadget and then just have a lot time for enjoy their time together just for sharing a story,plyaing game together etc.But that problem can be solve by our self.Thats depends on our mind and awarness.And for me as a student and a teen, social media also have a positive effect like i can follow,i can see,i can know everything what happen in this world.social media also can change our mind to be more broad and more respect to different culture and habits.

• Just run away and thanks to you all
    Please give me the last help and let me runaway out of here

• Let me go alone and I will pray for you forever too and wish you a happy life if you can open my prison door today I will be appreciated forever for you all
    Please try

• I think social media is damaging our lives and moral values .We prefer to spend time on social media sites or on smart phones while locking our self in our rooms instead of going out and spending time in doing physical activities.when we spend time with people in real life we learn lot of things like dealing with situations , people , hard time but when we stay away with them we will not be able to response in different situations.

• Yes i do think that it is making us anti social because we have been hypnotized by the social media these days.Our meaningful connection with ourselves and with the people around us is missing.

• In my opinion, ya, social media making us more anti social if we are not using social media wisely. We take too much time on social media and then we forgot about our real life. We more often chatting with our online friends and then we are ignoring what in arround us. So ya it can make us more anti social in the real life. But if we can using it wisely, i think it will be not happened in us and we can get many benefit from social media. 🙂

• In my opinion, everything depends on how policy we make in life. We must continue to grow with time to come, but we must also recognize and keep our lives in the real world