[Mini Blog] Good Song, Bad Idol?

Hey guys! Did you have a great weekend? Have you heard about the news below:

A controversial new documentary airing March 3 and 4 on HBO has revived the claims of two men who say iconic superstar Michael Jackson sexually abused them for years when they were boys. According to a survey, over 41% people in the US believe in the claims.

Picture from the documentary Leaving Neverland

It’s difficult to judge whether Michael Jackson did it or not from a perspective of a bystander. However, it reminds me of another question. What if your idol were at the center of a scandal, what would you do?

Here comes today’s topic:

Would you continue to support your idol’s songs or movies if you found he/she were morally wrong?

Share your answers below and I will pick insightful answers on the next episode!

See you~~

• Being an adult means we should take all responsibilities and give our parents relax from work as soon as possible

• If the song is nice, why not. I will hear that song. No one perfect even a super star

• Definitely, I didn’t support him/her if I found they were wrong bcoz people are bigger than his karma.

• For me, it’s depend on his/her present state of mind.
      Whether he/she feels regret for his/her past deeds or still he/she believe that he/she has not done any wrong.

• About this! I have a view that, it is not necessary that if someone is a great personality orsome one is an idol he or she have no past there is some kind of good pat or bad also if aperson doing well in his present we should follow him. So ya my answer is yes i will follow my idol.

• No .. I won’t be able to do that after knowing he hurt sm badly !

• If my idol were in the center of scandal, I would try to find all the information available to come to a conclusion then I will decide wheter to stop following or not.

• I won’t have any control on the fact that the song is really awesome and I’ll definitely love it and listen to it. About the idol I think the best way would be to teach him a lesson .all the fans should unfollow him on various networking sites and show anger through comments and videos and force him to change himself or either go out of the industry.

I know my answer is a bit diplomatic but this is truth.

• He has a nice song and i like it. If he has morally wrong that his privacy and that his problem, i just should support his effort.

• I think we are fan of his work, art , singing. Not of his personal life . so we should not interupt in his personal life. He is a good singer so just love his songs.

• A lil but dissapointed,,
    But i just continue enjoy the music, and his attitude is none of my bussiness

• Hy guys I’m ifa utami i hope we will built a good communication

• Our idol has many virtue, quality, ability……..we don’t follow them because of one good thing in him or her. In my point of view……..suppose he/ she has 99 qualities but he/ she did one mistake…..for me it doesn’t matter. I will continue follow him…. here we are talking MJ. I don’t think so he was not worthy to be idol of some one but his link with controversy forced me to think about him. Indeed he was great singer and dancer but that’s all.he was not nice person……..but we should never talk wrong about those people who have died because it put our ethics at question mark isn’t it????

• It should be understood by us that art and artist is different. If any artist did something wrong we have to punish him for his misdeed by sentence him jail or taken money away which he earned by his artwork. We can appreciate art but money should be taken by states not the artist . Artist is just a human but art is something have much more importance. it is indelible we can not avoid such good art to be appreciated by us

• As a person I am not gonna follow him as my idol but I am fan of his work and artist

• If It’s true, I will not continue to support him / her even he has nice song etc, because its important to pick one Idols to become influence element in your life .For me, Inside and outside is connect.

• I will definitely not follow him as a person or will admire him or her but since at first i admired him as my idol because of his work not as a person but also there’s a fact that a person depicts its personality by his actions and work so there will not be a respect ofcourse left for his work but he will just be a normal entertainer or may be possible for that much respect also not left after some time…..

• An idol is someone we adore so much. If my idol is found morally wrong, it will be difficult for me to respect him/her the way I see him/her before, let alone to adore him/her, and support his/her career.

• First I”be waiting for the confirmation of my idol because the paparazzis lies and invents a lot of things about famous people, then if it’s true, well I stop support to my favorite idol even if I love him or her so much.

• Good song is mom Sweet story,l ever heard l have also some sour feelings too,now life is also the mixture of these

• michael jackson is a king of dance and singing. He is a entertainer . We listen or watch for fun or relaxsation may his personal life issues or blames not effect his fan following . Life is full of obstacles we need to cross it not to stuck onit in case of celebrites lifes obstacles comes in the form of blames and controversy . So a real fan ignore all this and entertain his/her self with songs and music not with spicy news

• For me…the idol and his art would be two different worlds…my mind won’t be able to reject his music if it is pleasant enough to attract me even if the idol is morally wrong….bt definitely I won’t support the idol for his wrong doing..

• As an ARTIST he developed his ART and he got people’s support and fame .But when person’s action causes, someone pain either physically or mentally then ACTION must be taken against him, I am thinking from the suffered boys perspective too…So he can realize that you cannot exploit someone s life because you are superstar

• On this Earth no one is 100 % perfect , there are some gaps . But if it’s my idol, I’ll not support .

• If the song is nice i should listen even no one like a super star that’s why I want to listen this type of song

• I think I still support my idol if we are a true fans and i don’t want to be a hatters like the others because she/he wrong

• I didn’t support my Idol if he /she do this but my Idol is Deepika padukone ☺️☺️

• Hey you are right my Idol is Deepika padukone too 😃😃 @alisha

• Of course I would like to continue to support them dude. If someone did the negative thing, why would we to hate them directly? Remember, everyone has a good and bad side. For example michael jackson, he produced many good songs, and then some media told us some concpiracies or something bad about him. Yeah we realize that there’s no perfect humanbeings in this damn world. So yeah, just make it like it is a normal humanbeings. Even do it’s different.

• I don’t think so, but this will hurt me and i think i will loss my feeling

• if she/he doing something wrong, i won’t support them. but it doesn’t mean that i don’t like their songs or movies because these isn’t related with their moral.

• It’s a obvious thing of my idol do wrong then i won’t support him/her but his/her will be good to listen .. definitely i will listen that song but never support that person … I love listening songs .. even though I don’t have my any idol .. well… One is perfect in life .. anyone can do fatal .. firstly see yourself then see others … …:) 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

• Yeah definitely coz it was his personal life . So who we r to poke our nose in his affairs.i won’t care if he did wrong .

• Of course not, my idol is my inspiration and i won’t be inspired by bad person

• I keep listen my idol’s song. I do not care if he has a bad morale. I focuse the sound they made literally support my situation feeling