It is important to understand SSC CGL Quant strategy based on difficulty level. Firstly, you have to practice and master the easy portion. You will feel confident after being able to solve these questions with an ease. As you will go on solving increasing difficulty level, you will keep improving. You can click UClass for more information on SSC CGL Quant.
Stage 1: Easy Chapters
You have to start your preparation from easy topics as given below. These are less time consuming, scoring & easy to solve. Your main focus should be achieving the speed of calculation. This will save the crucial time for tough topics.
- Simplification (1-2 Qs) – Learn Simplification Techniques based on BODMAS Rule, Fractions, Surds and Indices etc. It is very important for you to learn fast calculation techniques.
- Interest (1-2 Qs) – Firstly go through the theory of interest. Then solve the SI Problems on different rate of interest. Read the quickest ways to solve the Compound Interest Problems to increase your speed.
- Percentage (1 Qs) – Try to calculate the percentage of a given number mentally without using pen & paper. It will improve your calculation speed.
- Average (1 Qs) – Know the basics of averages & solve questions on that.
- Ratio and Proportion (1-2 Qs) – Practice Basic Quiz, Advanced Quiz to know the types of questions asked in the exam.
- Problems on Ages (1 Qs) – Solve the basic problems of age & then move to more complex one.
Stage 2: Moderate Chapter
With little more efforts, you can ace the topics of moderate difficulty level.
- Speed Time And Distance (1-2 Qs) – Practice questions based on Average/Relative speeds, Boats, Trains.
- Profit and Loss (2 Qs) – Learn the basic concepts & then solve the problem based on Dishonest/Successive dealings, Partnerships etc.
- Number Series (1 Qs) – Try to understand the pattern of number series. It can be in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square form etc.
- Number System (1 Qs) – Solve the problems based on LCM & HCF, Irrational or Rational Numbers.
- Mensuration (2-3 Qs) – Learn the basic formulas of mensuration & then solve the problems related to Square, Rectangle, Circles, Cone, Cylinder etc by using fast tricks of solving it.
- Data Interpretation (2-4 Qs) – Practice problems on Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables etc.
Stage 3: Difficult Chapters
This is the section, where you have to spend all your energy. These topics will be difficult for everyone. Extra efforts will make you stand ahead in the competition.
- Time and Work (1-2 Qs) – Learn Shortcut Tricks for Time & Work, Shortcut for Pipes and Cistern, Work & Efficiency and practice problems based on these topics.
- Mixture problems (0-1 Qs) – Solve problems based on two or more entities/mixtures.
- Algebra (2-3 Qs) – Practice algebra problems by making Linear Equations in one or two variables. Remember all the identities to faster your speed.
- Geometry (3-4 Qs) – Solve problems related to Triangles congruency, Similarity theorems, Circle chords & tangent theorems, Co-ordinate geometry etc. Remember all the theorems.
- Trigonometry (2-3 Qs) – Mug up all the Trigonometric Identities & solve the questions.
Go through the above 3 stages when preparing for SSC CGL Quant, you can click UClass for more amazing exam tricks.