1. All reliable information points to the fact that the Y2K Virus ( Millennium Bug ) will create havoc with computer systems worldwide at the turn of the century .
2. Statistical evidence lends support to the view that a massive influx of funding is needed to strengthen crime prevention programs .
3. Personal experience has taught that kindness to others pays untold dividends .
4. Case histories show that all nations face recurring periods of economic fluctuations .
5. Personal experience leads me to conclude that all people need to take time to smell the roses ( evaluate and appreciate the many good things they have in their lives ) .
6. Nationwide surveys conducted in 1997 revealed a dramatic rise in the ownership of television sets , refrigerators , air conditioners and washing machines .
7. History tells us that mankind has a tendency to repeat past mistakes .
8. We have amassed ample objective proof to show the urgent need for crisis intervention in suspected child abuse cases .
9. Unfortunately , available evidence fails to establish any direct link between smoking and cancer .
10. Fortunately , mountains of reliable evidence proves the direct link between smoking and cancer beyond any shadow of the doubt .