1. After six hours’ questioning by the police the accused man confessed.
2. At this point the police interfered.
3. He is wanted by the police.
4. The chief Constable applied for an order of mandamus directing the justices to rehear the case.
5. The confession was extracted under torture by the police.
6. The police are close to solving the crime.
7. The police were accused of tampering with the evidence.
8. The post mortem was carried out or was conducted by the police pathologist.
9. The thief surrendered himself to the police.
10. When he offered to give information to the police, he was granted immunity from prosecution.
11. The suspects were placed in detention.
12. The suspect was apprehended at the scene of the crime.