187. Television is more than just an electronic appliance; it is a means of expression, as well as a vehicle for communication, and as such becomes a powerful tool for reaching other human beings.
188. I am always amazed when I heard people saying that sport creates goodwill between the nations, and that if only the common peoples of the world could meet one another at football or cricket, they would have no inclination to meet on the battlefield.
189. One of the great early writers wrote that: Work is the grand cure of all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind. If this is true, then the present situation should make us wonder whether the measure that the average worker is obliged to retire at the age of 50 is reasonable.
190. “The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them.” Such is the remark made by Bernard Shaw, a great writer. This view has been shared now by more and more people.
191. Adler is correct in this assertion that education does not end with graduation.
192. Jobs and work do much than most of us realize to provide happiness and contentment
193.We are much less conscious of the extent to which work provides the more crucial psychogical well-being that can make the difference between a full and empty life.
194.Work is more than a necessity for most human beings;it is the focus of their lives，the source of their identity and creativity.
195.Rather than a punishment or a burden，work is the opportunity to realize one’s potential.
196.Many Americans choose to travel by car rather than by any other means of transportation