Today we are going to learn “internal”. It means within a company or organization rather than outside it.
(1) Britain’s MI5 has begun an internal review of how it handled intelligence on the Manchester suicide bomber.
(2) The Wisconsin Department of Corrections closed an internal unit which was responsible for investigating employee misconduct.
Another word is “justify”. It means to give an acceptable explanation for something that other people think is unreasonable.
(1) Poland’s officials cited security concerns to justify a move to collect data on foreigners in the country.
(2) How can we justify spending so much money on arms?
(3) I don’t have to justify myself to you or anyone else.