Coco Chanel was the founder and namesake of the Chanel brand. She was born in 1883, and she was well-known for being a successful French fashion designer and businesswoman. As a remarkable woman, she still have a great influence on the fashion industry today.
Here is what she once said:
1. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
2. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
3. In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.
4. You live but once; you might as well be amusing.
5. I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.
6. Only those with no memory insist on their originality.
7. Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.
8. My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.
9. I imposed black; it is still going strong today, for black wipes out everything else around.
10. As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!
11. I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.
12. Fashion changes, but style endures.
13. There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.
14. A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.
15. You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life
16. A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.
17. Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness.
18. Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.
19. Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.
20. I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.
21. A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.
22. Gentleness doesn’t get work done unless you happen to be a hen laying eggs.
23. It is always better to be slightly underdressed.
24.The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.
25. Elegance is refusal.