Hello busy people, Good morning.
Welcome back to another interesting topic.
We have all heard at least one person in our lives whose voice is so beautiful and rich that we enjoy listening to them speak, sometimes regardless of what they are actually saying. While developing perfect vocal intonation and diction can be a lifelong task, a beautiful sounding voice can be obtained in a relatively short amount of time. All you need is a little guidance and some dedicated practice. So if you would like to develop a perfect speaking voice, start with Step 1 below.
Part 1 Developing Good Speech Habits
- Speak up. It’s important to be heard when you speak, so raise your voice! If you tend to whisper, mumble or speak with your head down it is much easier for people to talk over you or ignore you.
- Slow down. Speaking too quickly is a bad habit and it can be difficult for people to keep up with you or even understand what you’re saying. This makes it easy for them to tune out and stop listening.
- Speaking clearly is possibly the most important aspect of developing a good speaking voice. You need to pay close attention to each and every word you say – pronouncing it fully and correctly.
- Practice deep breathing. Deep breathing is essential for a full, rich speaking voice. The majority of people breathe too quickly and shallowly when they speak, which results in a more unnatural, nasal tone.
- Vary your pitch. The pitch of your voice can have a real impact on the quality of your speech and the impact it makes on your listeners. In general, speaking in a shaky or unsteady pitch gives the impression of nervousness, while an even voice is more calming and persuasive.
All the best my dear users- U-Dictionary
So, stay tuned and share U-Dictionary app ( https://goo.gl/gwCZRH ) with your friends & family so that you can get more useful English Learning articles.
Note: This article has been adapted from the following source.