Hello, my dear busy people.
Welcome back to another interesting topic.
As many of you will know, “Thanks” & “Thank you” are the most common ways of telling someone you are grateful for something they have said or done.
There are expressions and words that can take your English conversation beyond just “ Thanks” You can say:
Thank you is slightly more formal.
- Thanks a lot, (2) Thanks very much, (3) Thank you very much, (4) Thank you so much, (5) Much obliged
If you want to emphasize your gratitude or be very polite or formal, you can say the above expressions.
- Thanks a lot for looking after the children.
- Thanks very much for making dinner tonight.
- Thank you very much for dinner – it was great.
- Thank you so much for helping me out today.
- I am much obliged to you for your patience during the recent difficulties.
(6) Thanks a bunch, (7) You’ve saved my life and (8) I owe you one (9) I owe you big time. (10) Cheers.
The above expressions are informal ways of thanking someone who has helped you.
- Thanks a bunch for spoiling my evening.
- Thanks for giving me a lift to the station. You saved my life.
- Thanks for the advice. I owe you one.
- Thanks for helping me out with the essay. I owe you big time.
- ‘Here’s that book you wanted to borrow.’ ‘Oh, cheers.‘
So, in which way you want to say Thanks to U-Dictionary.
Many thanks for your …patience! U-Dictionary.
So, stay tuned and share U-Dictionary app( https://goo.gl/gwCZRH ) with your friends & family so that you can get more useful English Learning articles.
Note: This article has been adapted from the following source: